Saturday, April 28, 2012

INVASION!

Opening up on the tower with Sledgehamer and Shell Game
I login on a Saturday morning to find that someone has planted a small tower in my wormhole. Small? I had last logged in the preceding Wednesday and had left two anoms, there were five that morning, so it is not like it looked abandoned or something. It is a class 1 wormhole; who wants to fight for that? Perhaps, because it is a class one they figure it would be easier to squat.

I took a look at the tower and no defenses. None. There was a hanger and a ship array. We immediately attack with a Naga and Oracle. The shields were at 78% ... and the hanger eventually dropped defenses and a large Amarr tower ... here is what I am thinking. This guy was moving in and got popped. They also worked on the tower but did not destroy. I came along and cleaned up.
The home stretch

Took about 3 hours to get it into reinforce. Then a 3 hour timer in reinforce. Then two more hours and pop.

Got good isk for the large tower, every thing else was meh.

This is second time someone has put up a tower in my wormhole. The first was in December. I had been in empire about a month and the anoms had piled up so I can see how they might have thought they had something.

I popped one of them in an anom. They said it was improperly scouted. They moved out two weeks later.
Pop

1 comment:

  1. We had a nasty shock when a large Minmatar tower appeared in our C2. We got ready to attack, especially when we found out they were Russian's. But it turned out they were pretty handy to have around. We built up good relations with them. Better still, they were into PI and we had our own POCO's up. They made the Corp a lot of ISK through tax. They moved out eventually, but was nice to have them there in the end.

    Still, I think it's better to shoot first and ask questions later in these instances :)

    ReplyDelete