Monday, December 31, 2012

The Expedition! (what a show)

Final escalation site, before boom.
I lived in a wormhole for two years, now I am on a different ride.


Was passing the time doing some high sec exploration in that new Sarum Magnate (yee haa!) and I found a Blood Vigil plex. This was a bit tough due to the fact I was flying a Prophecy and they were using neuts and tracking disrupters. I brought in my other character who was also flying a Prophecy (hey! It is all I had nearby).

As I said, not a bad plex. Fair bounty, and a C-Type energized adaptive nano membrane. And I
got an escalation!!

The first stop in the escalation was pretty tough, too. Least ways flying two Prophecies in the face of swarming tracking disrupters and energy neuts. But I tag teamed those blood rats to death. Stops two and three were easier. All three stops dropped some lame-ass faction laser ammo, which I have been stockpiling over the years but still don't have much more than 3 of any particular kind.

But the only reason to do steps two, three, and four, is to get to the final step of the escalation, which of course is in low sec.
Boom, with that skull nebula looking on.
This time I brought a Drake and Damnation, both passive tanks with heavy missiles, so the over-abundance of neuts and tracking disrupters, combined with scrams and webs, could be overcome. Part-way thru the site a bunch of pirates entered the system, and eventually someone dropped combat probes, so I bailed. Then I eventually logged and did real-life stuff.

I returned the next day, the site started over, but in the end no faction drop! The boss rat wasn't even a Dark Blood, so not even T2 salvage. And the bounties were horrible, too.

But would I do it again? Of course I would.


No comments:

Post a Comment