Monday, January 2, 2012

Enter Wormhole: A Little Background

An early shot of my Bantam.


Howdy. I have been living in a wormhole since July 2010. I have a static low security exit that cycles every 24 hours. It is my intent to chronicle the different low sec systems to which my system connects, and the odd null and high sec, too. But first, a little background.

I became a pilot on April 17, 2007. After the initial tutorials I began system hopping. Carrying all of my assets with me and going from system to system running missions. I stumbled across Jita (region The Forge) and immediately recognized the commercial possibilities. I set up shop in Iyen-Ousta (region Sinq Laison), just a few jumps from Jita. I was mining in my Bantam, chatting up in local, and ratting. I even got popped in Rancer!

Working a Mag site in my Navy Caracal.


Someone I met passing through Iyen-Ousta led to my first corporation. I joined MBT-Interstellar, headquartered in Sigga (region Genesis). MBT was a small corp. Most pilots did their own thing, just having someone to visit with in chat, but we did have mining ops with a corp ore/mineral purchase program, and some level 4 mission running.

I decided to check out manufacturing and bought some mod blueprints and scouted out a location that had good ore and open manufacturing slots. I settled in Bahromab (region Domain). By this time I was in a Retriever.

Mining a hidden belt with my Hulk, and Impel for hauling.


After a month or so in MBT a corp-mate showed me how to find cosmic anomalies with the on-board scanner. My career in exploration was set in motion! I began working anamolies in high and low sec, and trained for cov ops and exploration. I setup up shop in Menri (region Kador). I trained to not only explore but to be able to work all sites; combat plus mining. In no time I was exploring low sec and running radar and mag sites, working complexes and dungeons, and mining hidden belts.

I travelled around and scouted out other low sec areas, carrying everything I needed in my Bustard. I was also trading. Placing region-wide buy orders in many different regions for certain named T-1 mods, and selling them in Jita. This afforded me the opportunity to scout low sec areas as I travelled far and wide in a destroyer collecting my mods.

Buzzard with an old-style probe.


I was inspired to accomplish two goals.  1) I want to be able to fly (and own) as many ships as possible, all races. 2) I would set up four exploration bases, one for each race. Each base would be in that race’s space and the ships stationed there would also be of that same race. I am in no hurry to accomplish either of these goals, but I am moving slowly towards success.

In May 2009, after two years in MBT, I joined a mid-sized corporation called Trade Consortium. At the time they were setup in null sec, system ZLZ-1Z (region Vale of the Silent ). By this time I had added gas harvesting and the newly introduced wormholes to my skill set. After a short stay in ZLZ, we had two separate stints in another 0.0 system, Z-RFZ3 (region Providence). After just over a year in TC I decided to venture out on my own.

My wormhole POS.


I formed Coronado’s Cross with the intent of moving into a wormhole. After a few weeks of scanning I found a suitable class 1 wormhole, just enough for a small corp, and we moved on in. And here I am.

Now, let the wormhole travelling begin!

Tierius Fro

1 comment:

  1. I'm at about two and a half years as a capsuleer myself. I am sorta following in your footsteps as far as solo wormhole living. I'm in the process currently of getting my two Alts on my account trained up for PI and basic scanning and cloaking. I will be keeping an eye on your blog and hopefully learning a lot from you. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete